Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Move Speak Spin!

Ack, it's been more than a week since I've posted.  I will blame this on the fact that I lost my science notebook.  Yes, folks, you can cry a little - my notebook has been lost to the annals of the New York City streets.  It had all my notes in it about the World Science Festival, so I cried a little too.  And then procrastinated writing about the other lectures I saw, because I wanted my notes!

While I get over that, I will regale you with a few really cool exhibits from the Science Fair on the 14th.  One was Move Speak Spin, and you can see a little clip of their work on YouTube - Move Speak Spin.  They're a dance group that uses math to tell stories and make art.  This clip is a tiny section in which they danced with triangles.  Their World Science Festival blurb reads, "From tap dance to the permutations of a single sheet of paper, from flying machines to the ancient Chinese puzzle tangrams, this dance company displays the magic and mystery that is both dance and mathematics."

It's really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment